Go PRO with this classic Dove acoustic-electric. Equipped with the Fishman Sonitone preamp and Sonicore pickup system, this Epiphone is ready for the stage.
Epiphone Dove PRO Acoustic-Electric Guitar: This Bird Can Sing!
Half a century after Gibson and Epiphone introduced the iconic Dove-styled acoustic, Epiphone brings you the Dove PRO acoustic-electric guitar, complete with a clear and articulate Fishman Sonitone preamp system. An under-saddle Sonicore pickup captures the warm resonance of this Dove's spruce and maple body, and a comfortable hard maple neck in a slim taper "D" profile spans 22 medium frets over a silky smooth fingerboard. An attractive dove and flowers design decorates the pickguard, and shiny nickel hardware adds security and visual flair to the mix. If you're interested in electrifying your acoustic sound -- and want something with a little visual pizzazz to spice up your performance -- the Epiphone Dove PRO is a fantastic choice.
Solid Spruce Top and Select Maple Back and Sides
Get your ears ready for some spruce and maple tone. Solid spruce is a overwhelmingly popular wood for the tops of acoustic guitars. When paired with maple, each strum yields a punchy reverberation with a pleasant low end and plenty of high-end crispness to slice through the mix on those aggressive strums. Spruce also tends to age well, so the more you play this guitar, the better it'll sound.
Slim Taper "D" Hard Maple Neck and Pau Ferro Fretboard
The Dove PRO's pau ferro fretboard features an attractive single-ply white binding, and spans 20 frets with intriguing pearloid parallelogram inlays stylized in a way you don't really see on many guitars. The slim taper "D" profile is a cozy fit for your hand, and each fret harnesses a comfortable action for your fingers to enjoy.
Decorative "Dove" Looks
This guitar steals eyes just as well as it steals ears. The Dove PRO's mesmerizing spruce top boasts an attractive black and white binding and a linear grain pattern that contrasts nicely against the dark-colored bridge. The bridge sports a tasteful pair of dove-shaped pearloid inlays. The illustrious pickguard features an elegant dove and flowers design that simply cannot be ignored. With this acoustic-electric strapped over you're your shoulder, people will enjoy watching you play just as much as hearing it.
Clear and Articulate Fishman Electronics
All of the resonance and warmth from your Dove PRO's spruce and maple body is captured and electrified by this guitar's pristine Fishman electronics. A Fishman Sonicore pickup hidden under the saddle captures each sonic element of your performance and forges it into a signal ready to be amplified into the room. The discretely mounted rotary volume and tone controls are easy to get at, so you can make adjustments on the fly if you need to do any last-minute tweaking. The battery life on your active Sonitone preamp typically lasts up to 100 hours.
- Dreadnought-shaped acoustic-electric guitar
- Solid spruce top
- Select maple back and sides
- Hard maple neck in slim taper "D" profile
- Glued-in dovetail neck joint
- Silky pau ferro fingerboard with 20 medium frets
- Smooth and attractive white neck binding
- Scale length of 25.5"
- Adjustable truss rod
- Compensated imitation bone saddle
- Shiny nickel hardware
- Fishman Sonicore pickup -- under saddle position
- Clear and articulate Fishman Sonitone sound-hole preamp
- Volume and tone controls
- Beautifully ornate pickguard with dove, branches, and flowers zZounds is an authorized dealer of Epiphone products.
Features and Specs
- Top: solid spruce
- Body: select maple
- Neck: hard maple
- Neck joint: glued-in, dovetail
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper(TM) "D" profile
- Fingerboard: pau ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: pearloid parallelograms
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Binding: -fingerboard, 1-ply white
- -body top, 5-ply white/black
- -body back: 1-ply white
- Scale: 25.5"
- Saddle: compensated, imitation bone
- Truss Rod: adjustable
- Pickguard: imitation tortoise with traditional "Dove" artwork Nut: 1.68"
- Frets: 20, medium
- Hardware: nickel
- Strings: D'Addario Phosphor (12-53)
- Power: 9-volt battery
- Pickup: Fishman(TM) Sonicore(TM) (under saddle)
- Preamp: Fishman(TM) Sonitone(TM) sound-hole preamp
- -Master Volume
- -Master Tone