The 1950s classic returns! Now featuring P-90 PRO™ pickups with CTS electronics
The Epiphone Les Paul Special is part of Epiphone’s new Inspired by Gibson Collection and is designed to recreate the sound of the rare single cutaway 1950s era Gibson Les Paul Special. Featuring a Mahogany body with a beautiful reproduction of the iconic TV Yellow finish and powered by critically acclaimed P-90 PRO™ soapbar single-coil pickups and CTS electronics.
P-90 Single Coil Pickups
First introduced in the early 1950s, Gibson's legendary P90 single coil pickup produced a raw powerful tone that helped define the blues and rock and roll in their formative years. Today, the P90's traditional combination of high output and brilliant tone is still considered a favorite among many top musicians. Known by such familiar nicknames as the "Soapbar" and the "Cobalt," the P90 still cuts through any type of music, all while displaying amazing tonal sensitivity for everything from blues and rock to mellow jazz riffs. It's perfect as a vintage replacement, and features vintage, braided two-conductor wiring. It's also fully wax potted to eliminate any chance of unwanted microphonic feedback.
Epiphone Les Paul Special Electric Guitar Features:
- The '50s classic at a value-packed price
- Premium components include a Graph Tech nut and CTS electronics
- Two P-90 Pro Soap Bar single-coil pickups deliver snappy, punchy tone with rich midrange
- 12" fretboard radius with medium-jumbo frets for comfortable playability
- Individual volume and tone controls for each pickup offer unlimited tonal combinations